MFI walks hand-in-hand with Indigenous peoples as they lead the co-development of new approaches to education and well-being, weaving community-based knowledge together with the most current research and evidence-informed methods to ensure that Indigenous children, youth, and communities have the tools they need to reach their highest potential.
To further this mission, MFI and MFI’s staff and agents use social media—including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram—to share information about MFI activities and information that may be of interest to the public.
- The views of users that post and/or comment on MFI’s Social Media do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of MFI.
- MFI’s interactions with posts or comments made by users (e.g. likes, retweets, favourites, shares, etc.) are not necessarily an endorsement of the content or material.
- Links to any third party source material (e.g. articles, stories, websites, etc.) are not an endorsement of the linked content or material.
- Your use of any Social Media, including, without limitation, posted or linked content or material, is entirely at your own risk. Private information (about you or anyone else) and confidential matters should never be posted on or linked through social media channels. MFI does not make, and expressly disclaims, any representations, warranties, or covenants, express or implied, relating to the Social Media or any content or material thereon.
- MFI may, but is not obligated to, monitor its Social Media. MFI reserves the right to edit, move, or to remove all or any portion of any post, tweet, comment, or message for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the preceding, this applies to posts, tweets, comments, or messages that, as determined by MFI in its sole discretion:
- (a) are racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, libelous, abusive, harassing, insulting or threatening;(b) are aggressive, coarse, violent, vulgar, obscene, or pornographic;
- (c) are offensive, rude, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- (d) are repetitive or spamming;
- (e) promote or advertise services or products;
- (f) promote or oppose any political party or a person campaigning for elected office;
- (g) defame or may defame or otherwise discredit in any manner MFI or any other person; and
- (h) are written in a language other than English or French.
- MFI is not responsible or liable for any damages of any kind whatsoever, including, without limiting the preceding, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages, arising out of or in connection with: (i) any Social Media; (ii) your use of or engagement with any Social Media, or any posts, tweets, comments, or messages made by users; (iii) any posted or linked content or material; or (iv) the collection, use, disclosure, security, retention, return, or destruction of any information (including personal information) arising out of or in connection with any of the preceding.
- Users should not post personally identifiable information such as social insurance numbers, addresses, or telephone numbers on MFI’s social media. MFI will make reasonable efforts to delete comments containing such information.